1st April, 2018 will be… Reading is Funny Day
If you are a parent who tried their very best to make their child read instead of playing games but never succeeded, then this day is made for you. Reading Is Funny Day is a day that focuses on your child in such a way that they start finding reading an interesting activity rather than a boring one. Not only that, this day also aims to teach the child how beneficial reading can be for them aside from movies, games etc. This can be done through riddles, jokes, and funny stories.
Here are a few reasons why your children need to read more:
- Reading more means getting better at it: If your child finds trouble in reading then on Reading Is Funny Day, they will be exposed to many different styles of reading which will ultimately make your child get better at it.
- Reading will strengthen your child’s brain: Your child can greatly benefit from reading because reading exercises the brain more than video games, cartoons, movies etc.
- Reading can improve focus: In this day and age, Smartphone, video games, movies etc. have been a cause of short-term concentration for children. Luckily, it has been proven that reading can counteract it and improve focus.
- Reading will expose the child to the world around them: Reading Is Funny Day was made to keep the child safe and also let them be exposed to various things of the outside world that will open their mind.
- Reading will improve your child’s language and vocabulary: When children read more—they will learn to pick up new words that will improve their language and vocabulary. According to a research, a child will learn 120-140 words every minute if they read for half an hour a day for a year. Which means they will be exposed to at least 2 million words in a single year. They will be able to form correct sentences and will be able to convey their thoughts more efficiently.
- Reading can help a child to be more imaginative: When a child reads a story, they will imagine the character they are reading about; they will learn about them, where they live and feel the same things as the character is feeling, which will make them more imaginative. That is why Reading Is Funny Day will have various stories for your child to read.
- Reading can have a positive effect on the brain: According to a research that was conducted in 2014, it showed that reading can improve the brain in a positive way, this was also true for children who have yet to develop reading skills.
- Reading will make your child more empathetic: When a child reads a story, they learn the feelings of the characters they are reading about, which makes them resonate with them. This will develop empathetic feelings in them early and make them more mature throughout the years.
Therefore, reading can really open a child’s mind and make them more successful in the future. So, take the opportunity to develop an interest in reading for your child with Reading Is Funny Day.
Want to know more about today’s events: