18th April 2018, Will Be …World Heritage Day
The heritage of world is considered being the shared wealth of humankind. Efforts and concerns of international communities are significant for the protection, preservation as well as the promotion of their heritage. The aim of World Heritage Day is to aware the public about their culture, it’s diversity and give them information, regarding cooperation that is very important from their side for protection of religion.
Apart from the fact that the people living their lives all around the worldby the ways and ideas which their culture embodies are celebrating this day everyday, this one day is assigned to celebrate the culture of different human races with complete respect and concerns. The day teaches us to celebrate theculture of others, to learn about our own culture and to visit cultural sites and monuments to create awareness about culture.
History of World Heritage Day
The first and the most confusing fact about The World Heritage Day is that this is not it’s formal name. The actual name was The International Day For Monuments and Sites which was established in the year 1982 by the International Council for Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS). The organization was started and generated by the principles set in Venice Charter.
Celebration of World Heritage Day
International Council for Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) has suggested someway by which you can make this day worthy enough:
- Pay some visits to the cultural monuments and sites
- Publish articles on awareness regarding culture in newspapers, magazines, televisions, radio broadcasts and other websites available
- Hanging banners in town sites demanding protection and preservation of the day
- Inviting local as well as international personalities on interviews or for conferences to give their views about culture
- Discussion about cultural heritage to be arranged in the city centers and other public spaces
- Exhibitions representing culture through paintings, photos,etc
- Award prizes for those who have done extraordinary work for the promotion and preservation of culture or those who have generated an excellent publication on this topic
- Awareness for increasing the extent of activities among students and children about their cultures
World Heritage Sites Globally
There are about 1,052 sites all over the world which are known as cultural heritage. 814 out of these sites are found to be artistic, 203 are natural,and 35 are cultural as well as natural. 55 of these sites are in danger which includes the birthplace of Jesus, Church of Nativity, and pilgrimage route in Bethlehem as well.
30 sites are in United Kingdoms and British Overseas Territories. The locationsinclude Stonehenge, Forth Bridge, Blenheim Place,etc.
People celebrate this day after they know the importance of the protection of valuable customs is neglecting from the society. Each year, a group of experts works together on any of the sites or important cultural monuments ensuring there part in the preservation of the cultural heritage.